Diskan, which means "chorus "in Breton, is a light and cosy mid-season jumper, composed of a succession of textured patterns that repeat like a soft and slightly obsessive song :)
This jumper is knitted seamlessly from the neckline with a rounded yoke. First, the stitches for the collar edge are knitted in 1/1 ribbing, then a series of short rows are made to shape the neckline. The yoke increases are placed evenly between the textured patterns and the work continues until the sleeves and body are separated. The sequence of patterns continues to the bottom of the body and then onto the sleeves, which are slightly adjusted with a few series of decreases.
The patterns are only made up of purl and knit stitches and provide a pleasant tempo to the work, while being easy to remember and quick to knit.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY :
Note: If you choose to change the yoke height, you will need more experience to adjust the sleeve and lower body charts.
TECHNIQUES USED :
knitting back and forth and in the round on circular needles, knitting in the round on small diameters, German shortened rows, increases, decreases, reading diagrams.
4 (4, 4, 5, 5) (6, 6, 7, 7) balls of De Rerum Natura Robinson (70% Organic merino d’Arles (France) and 30% recycled cotton, including 2% of others recycled fibres (France), 250 m / 270 yards / 100g)
OR 875 (975, 1000, 1050, 1080) (1280, 1380, 1520, 1710) m / 957 (1066, 1094, 1148, 1181) (1400, 1509, 1662, 1870) yards of worsted yarn.
Sample shown is size 3, in color “azur”, worn with 5 cm / 2’’ of positive ease.
20 sts x 30 rnds = 10 x 10 cm / 4’’ in textured pattern on larger needle, worked in the round and blocked.
Important: always choose the needle sizes that will give you the correct gauge.
NEEDLES AND NOTIONS
- 3.5 mm / US 4 DPNs or circular needle with a cable length adapted for working small circumferences in the round for cuffs
- 3.5 mm / US 4 circular needle, 40 cm/16’’ long for neckband
- 3.5 mm / US 4 circular needle, 80 cm/32’’ long for sizes 1 to 4 or 100 cm / 40’’ long for sizes 5 to 9 for hem
For main part:
- 4 mm / US 6 DPNs or circular needle with a cable length adapted for working small circumferences in the round for sleeves
- 4 mm / US 6 circular needle, 40 cm/16’’ long for neckband
- 4 mm / US 6 circular needle, 80 cm/32’’ long for sizes 1 to 4 or 100 cm / 40’’ long for sizes 5 to 9 for yoke and body
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle, waste yarn
PDF file to download (in french and english).
After your purchase, you'll receive an automated message with a download link. Please make sure that the email address that you provide is valid. You can also find this link in your personal account if you created one, in the Purchase History category.